Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an effort to get the best ranking on search engines in order to get a visit on a website by paying attention to certain factors in accordance with a search engine’s algorithm.
Fill-in Terms Regarding SEO
There are several terms that must be understood when talking about SEO.
- Backlinks / Inbound Links: links that point to your website.
- Outbound Link: a link that points to another website from your website.
- Black Hat SEO: SEO techniques for raising rankings that are actually prohibited.
- White Hat SEO: SEO techniques in general.
- PageRank (PR): Google’s first search algorithm.
Through articles that discuss SEO is, at least you already know a little about what SEO is and how SEO works. More in-depth explanation of the content I will discuss in the next article.
Pros and Cons of SEO
Pros of SEO:
- Bring visitors for free. The higher your website ranks on search engines, the more number of visitors you get.
- Cut advertising costs. If you manage to improve your website’s ranking on the search page automatically, the presence of your website will be easier to find, which at the same time reduces your budget for advertising.
- Easy to be famous. If your website is ranked well, people will remember the website address and come back by typing in your website URL without going through a search engine intermediary.
- There is software / website support for doing optimization including keyword research, ranking updates and optimization suggestions to rank first.
Cons of SEO:
- Requires patience and a long time. You must experience monitoring of the SEO optimization process and its development periodically so that your website reaches a good ranking and maintains it.
- Website ranking has decreased. If there are other websites that have pages with more relevant, complete content and answer the needs of search engine users then it is possible that your website ranking will go down.
- Many technical / non-technical things that you must master to find out what factors can cause your website ranking to get a good ranking or vice versa.
- Always update the search engine algorithms that can change at any time so that your website follows the rules and has good performance.
- Intense competition. If your website provides important information or is used for online businesses, it will be more difficult to do optimization because many websites want to rank top by doing SEO.